Walking is man's best medicine. - Hippocrates
Thompson Mills Walk, July 2013
courtesy Peter Jenkins
O ur club is very active, whether we are out on a walk, hosting a workshop, learning about all things fungal at a monthly meeting, feasting on gourmet dishes at a picnic or our annual Christmas dinner, or participating in a foray, there are many things to do.
Please visit our Calendar to see what's coming up next! While most of our scheduled walks occur during Summer and Fall seasons, you never know when we might schedule a pop up walk, so check back freqently.
Some of the events we host involve:
- Numerous walks open to the public
- Pop up walks emailed to Club Members
- Annual Members-Only Morel Spring Walk
- Shiitake and Oyster Log Cultivation
- Oyster Cultivation using Recycled Materials
- Mushroom Dyeing with Wool and Silk
- Tree Identification
- Mushroom Photography Techniques
- Annual Forays with other mushroom clubs